PackYourBags is a ministry of Trinity Bible College & Graduate School specifically designed for high school graduates willing to dedicate one year to seek God and serve others. It can be especially useful for students who do not have a clear direction for the next step in their lives. PYB positions students to hear God’s voice through seeking, learning, and serving. Students take classes on life skills, identity in Christ, Biblical foundations, and ministry training.
They travel around America and the globe ministering to people from diverse walks of life, loving on children, and serving in practical ways. All the while going on exciting adventure outings such as a high ropes course, hiking, kayaking, riding a camel, camping in the Israeli desert, and even an African safari.
EDUCATION & TRAINING //
Students are enrolled in online courses and on-campus courses. They obtain 12 credits upon successful completion of this program (6 credits per semester). Group sessions highlight and discuss course material, as well as provide opportunities to apply learning. The daily on-campus sessions follow an interactive style of learning through direct instruction, videos, sharing, and discussion. These courses cover a range of topics, such as Old Testament and New Testament history and literature, world missions, evangelism, hearing God’s voice, developing an intimate relationship with God, life skills, Biblical foundations, personal finances, history and culture of South Africa, and more. We try to cover a range of practical, and spiritual topics through both college courses and PackYourBags classroom sessions.
OUR MISSION //
Our mission is Christian Preparation. We desire to prepare students for life whether they choose to pursue a college education or join the workforce. This preparation includes Biblical Learning, Life Skills, Missions, and Career Counseling. We accomplish this and more through an incredible adventure.
CORE VALUES //
- The Kingdom of God — Kingdom culture infiltrating the nations of this world
- Spiritual Mentoring — Raising up the next generation through relationship
- Real Relationships — Entering into relationships where we can be real, vulnerable, and encourage one another to grow closer to God and walk out our identity and destiny in Christ
- Personal Discipline — developing self-control in exercise, diet, and spiritual walk
- Career Mentoring — Identifying student’s gifts and where they can be best applied
- Hands-On Ministry Training — learning to evangelize and minister to others
- Spiritual Gifts — discovering spiritual gifts and how to move in them
- Marketplace Ministry — Raising up people of character and honor to effectively influence the marketplace (business, education, entertainment, etc.)